Thursday, December 27, 2007

Catching up.. Days 8-12

Phew, as Christmas loomed blogging time got zapped. I feel bad I wasn't able to keep up with the 12 days posts. Here are the final days...
Day Eight...
I was the gift giver for Day 8. My project changed directions many times over the course of the project and even though I started EARLY and finished the hardest part I was still scrambling at the last minute to trim up and wrap my gifts. I ended up creating 12 unique art aprons with mini collage quilts of vintage fabrics appliqued on the fronts.

This is a picture of Kari's sweet daughter modeling her apron. Since they are all different you can see other designs by visiting the participants blogs or browsing thru my flickr set.

I really enjoyed doing these mini quilted collagey things. They are an nice way to use even the tiniest scraps of fabric. I have more aprons on order so there will be more of these in my future for sure!


Ok, on to Day 9.. which was a gift from the fabulous and ever so sweet Jeanne. She surprised us with not one, but TWO awesome gifts!! The first gift was this super sparkley, super darling little shadow box ornament with lots of glitter, pearls, tinsel and vintage holiday image. I love it and it will be very hard to put away when I pack up my holiday decorations.
The other gift that Jeanne made for us utilized her beautiful soldering skills as she made each of us a custom pendant/ charm of our blog or Etsy banners on one side and the 12 Days banner on the reverse. Each charm is accented with our initial as well. This was a big surprise to our participants and maybe even a little more exciting to me since I created many of said banners!! Thank you so much Jeanne!


Day 10 was this darling package from uber-talented Marilyn who not only makes lovely collages but has shown herself to be a talented jewelry maker as well. Marilyn gifted each of us with a lovely pair of earrings. Each set is unique but all equally pretty.










Thank You Marilyn, I know all of us will find much enjoyment in our beautiful earrings.


Day 11 is one I anxiously awaited as my sweet and talented pal Martha was the artist behind the lovely fabric pouch we found ourselves placing beneath our Christmas trees. Martha is a whiz with a sewing machine and fabric and she showed that talent off by creating these amazing fabric cuff bracelets for each of us.






















I know I LOVE mine and feel secure in stating that I bet the other girls do too. Thank You Martha!!

Finally we come to Day 12, and last but not least is our own ArtsyMama, who finished off our swap with a lovely collage utilizing vintage album pages, buttons, ribbon, glass glittered snowflakes and the cutest image. These hang from vintage inspired French hangers and are simply delightful. The colors are perfect and I know everyone LOVES them. Thank You so much Kari!!
In closing, I want to thank everyone who participated for being such a great group of gals and the best swappers. There has been great communication and I think we all agree that not one of the gifts was "poo". I am thrilled with the way everything ended up and I am still drooling over my treasures.
For those of you anxious for information on the Vintage Valentine swap, I will get the info posted in the next day or two as the deadline will be SOON!!!
Cheers and Happy New Year!!

No comments: